I watched the original Toy Story movie when it came out, and I probably watched the second one when it came out as well. Recently I watched both back to back in the same day, and I have to say, while the first installment of the franchise is a monumental piece of filmmaking because it ushered in a new era of animation-parts of it don't really hold up. I mean that a lot of the animation of the human characters is horrifying, it looks really, really creepy. The second movie, even though it came out a few years later, the animation looks much better, although it's not totally perfect. The animation at this point was not at a stage where things are not creepy. For example, there is a dog character in the film that is animated more like the idea of a dog than an actual dog. They were still having troubles animating real creatures. The toys look really awesome in this and I have to say even though the story of the sequel is a lot more complicated than the original I actually prefer...
Comments
Post a Comment